Would you like to learn more about the areas of physical therapy practiced by members of this Academy? Or, are you an established practitioner who is ready to share their knowledge and experience with others? The Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology and Wound Management has a Mentoring Program designed to help you!
This program is designed for clinicians at all stages of experience, from PT/PTA students, to new grads, and also for those experienced therapists looking to expand their clinical practice knowledge. This program empowers our members (PTs, PTAs, SPTs, and SPTAs) to take responsibility for their professional development through the support of an experienced and established physical therapist mentor.
In this program, the learner is called a ‘Mentee’ and the clinician providing the guidance is the ‘Mentor’. Are you ready to begin your journey to increased knowledge and skills? Read ‘How it works’ and follow the ‘Instructions for prospective mentees’ sections below, and follow the link to fill out your form to begin. If you are looking to become a Mentor with the Academy, follow the ‘Instructions for prospective mentors’ below.
How It Works:
- The Academy maintains a LIST OF MENTORS who are physical therapy experts in clinical electrophysiology, biophysical agents, and/or wound management in the areas of practice, clinical education, research, and/or teaching.
- Mentees can search the list and identify a Mentor with whom they would like to make contact. The Academy will help to make the introduction.
- Once the introduction takes place, it is up to the Mentee and Mentor to establish the framework and ground rules of their relationship.
Instructions for Prospective Mentees:
- Complete this Mentee form and send it to the Academy’s executive office
- You will then search for a mentor. Select up to 3 mentors, in order of preference, who would fit your mentoring needs, and send us that last. We will reach out to the first mentor you’ve identified. We allow no fewer than 10 business days for a response before reaching out to the next mentor on your list. We will continue this process until we can confirm the availability of one of the mentors to connect you.
- Please note – you may also wish to take advantage of the Academy’s listservs in EMG and Wound Management (for members only) as well as a Facebook account, as alternative options for your mentoring.
Instructions for Prospective Mentors:
- Complete this Mentor Form
- You should receive a confirmation message and your information will be added to the searchable list of mentors. We do not share your contact information in this list.
- You may be matched with a mentee quickly. However, it may take longer to receive a mentoring request, depending on the interests of our mentees.
- We ask you to make contact quickly with your mentee and establish plans for how the mentorship relationship will work best for you both. The process of mentoring him or her should naturally fall into place after this.
- Don’t be discouraged if your mentee makes only one connection with you, as some only have one or two questions that can be addressed in one discussion.
|Renee Cordrey||Wound Management
Interests: Documentation, Clinical Education and Research
|Research, Academic, Inpatient, Acute Care, Long Term Care, Outpatient||Availability: Varies
Method: Face-to-Face, phone, email
|Carmen Oguz||Wound Management
Interests: Administration/policies and procedures, PTA School Education
|Academic, Inpatient, Acute Care, Home Health, Outpatient, Long Term Care||Availability: Any
Method: Email or Text
|Anne Gallentine||Wound Management
Interests: Administration/policies and procedures, Clinical Education
|Inpatient, Outpatient||Availability: PM (6-9) and Weekends
Method: Phone or Email
|Rose Pignataro||Wound Management & Biophysical Agents
Interests: Resume Development/Speciality Certification, Clinical Education, Research
|Academic, Inpatient, Acute Care, Home Health, Outpatient||Availability: AM (7-11) and Afternoons (12-5)
Method: Face-to-Face, Phone, Email
|Harriett Loehne||Wound Management
Interests: Speciality Certification
|Academic, Inpatient, Acute Care, Outpatient, Long Term Care, Private Practice||Availability: Afternoons (12-5) and Weekdays
|Lisa Cabral||Wound Management
Interests: Speciality Certification, Documentation, Resume Development, Clinical Education, Literature Review
|Academic, Inpatient, Outpatient||Availability: PM (6-9), Weekdays, Weekends
Method: Face-to-Face, Phone, Email, Skype
|Karen Gibbs||Interests: Education||Academic, Inpatient, Acute||Method: Email|
|Thomas P. Nolan Jr., PT, DPT, OCS||Biophysical Agents (BA)
Interests: Outpatient Management
|Academic & Outpatient||Availability: Weekdays
Method: Email & Phone
|Elaine Armantrout, PT, DSc, ECS||Clinical Electrophysiology (CE)
Interests: Specialty Certification & Documentation
|Private Practice||Availability: AM (7-11), Afternoons ( 12-5) Weekdays & Weekends
Method: Phone, Email, Skype, & Facetime
|Leon C. Romero, PT, DSc, OCS, ECS||Cinical Electophysiology (CE)
Interests: Documentation, Specialty Certification. Resume Development, Outpatoent Management
|Outpatient||Availability: AM (7-11), Afternoons (12-5)
Method: Face-to-Face, Phone, Email